Archive for January 2016 | Monthly archive page
Employment Opportunity – Tax & Treasury Administrator
The Municipality of Marmora and Lake is a beautiful little municipality, part of Hastings County and located in Eastern Ontario with a population of 4000. It is equidistant from Ottawa and Toronto and the main village is located along Highway 7. The largest village, Marmora, is surrounded by water from Crowe River, Crowe Lake and Beaver Creek. Marmora and Lake strives to be a small thriving Municipality in Ontario; a desirable place to work, live, vacation, and retire; by providing a clean natural environment, varied sources of recreation, excellent services and reasonable taxes. The Municipality of Marmora and Lake is currently inviting applications for the position of Tax and Treasury Administrator. For a complete job description click here.
As Tax and Treasury Administrator you are responsible for the following:
- Receives all tax and mortgage payments and processes on a timely and accurate basis.
- Assists Treasurer in preparation of interim and final tax bills.
- Processes and monitors Tax Arrears Notices and assists the Treasurer in the registration of Tax Sales.
- Processes all accounts payable on a timely and accurate basis and reconciles bank statements.
- Monitors the annual budget on a monthly basis by tracking budget expenses to ensure expenses are allocated to appropriate accounts.
- Administers all requirements related to the Municipal Cemetery.
- Performs receptionist duties including, receiving and directing all incoming telephone calls to the appropriate individual in a timely and courteous manner; receiving and responding promptly to all incoming inquiries for information, or redirecting callers to appropriate source; taking accurate messages when staff person is unavailable and forwards on a timely basis; greeting all visitors to the building in a professional manner and notifying appropriate individual of their arrival; processing tax payments, purchases of garbage bag tags and dog tags in order to ensure that all callers and visitors are treated promptly with dignity and respect and the Municipality’s professional reputation is maintained.
- Maintains all related records and files in a confidential and organized manner, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in order to ensure that current information is readily available and accessible to authorized individuals.
Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:
Secondary School Graduation and Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration is a definite asset.
Professional designation such as A.M.C.T or C.M.O a definite asset.
You are knowledgeable in tax and treasury principles with a minimum of 2 years experience in an office environment with at least one year in an administrative capacity. Municipal experience a definite asset.
Good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, account receivable principles.
The Municipality of Marmora and Lake offers a competitive salary and benefit package. For a complete job description please contact us or visit www.marmoraandlake.ca. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes in confidence by February 5th, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. to: Municipality of Marmora and Lake, 12 Bursthall St, Box 459, Marmora, Ontario, K0K2M0 or by e-mail to: email@example.com