Archive for January 2014 | Monthly archive page
Annual Ice Fishing Derby in Marmora and Lake
The Annual Pike Catch’ N Keep fishing derby will be taking place on Crowe Lake on Sunday February 16th. This is a great opportunity to try ice fishing. This annual event takes place on the MNR and OFAH Ontario Family Fishing Weekend and no fishing licenses are required. This years event is sponsored by the Crowe Lake Waterway Association and Chris’s Live Bait. The derby will take place from 7am – 4pm with registration and weigh in at Chris’s Live Bait corner of Highway #7 and Marmora Mine Road. Registration for Adults is $10.00 and children under 12 are free. All funds raised go back into the prizes. There are many prizes to be won! We encourage you to come and join this great winter experience!
SnoFest, one of the cornerstone events in Marmora, Ontario will be entering its 36th year. With a rich history in sled dog racing SnoFest 2014 has expanded its programming to incorporate the community with a family focus. SnoFest’s new direction can be experienced firsthand at this year’s Kidz Zone. Kids will enjoy interactive activities like a live drumming circle, professional storytelling, and an inflatable castle and igloo village.
SnoFest will run Jan 31st to Feb 2nd 2014 with the mission to give back to the community. A two-dollar donation from every button sale will go to the Marmora Playground Equipment Fund. Presale buttons price is $7 and $10 at the gate. To find out where to purchase buttons or for more information about SnoFest visitwww.snofest.ca.
Celebrating our roots and our community as we venture into our 36 year with even more to explore, all weekend long! As one of Canada’s longest running sled dog races, Marmora SnoFest proudly honours our legacy while embracing new and exciting winter activates for the whole family! Rediscover the joys of winter this year at SnoFest’s 2014.
- Jan 31st 7-9pm Marmora’s Got Talent- Variety show talent competition
- Feb 1st 11-3pm Kids Zone -Filled with interactive activities
- Feb 1st -Feb 2nd Outdoor Sled Dog Races
- Feb 1st Skijoring- Outdoor sled race on ski’s
- Feb 1st 10-4pm Artistic Expressions- Artisan craft show
- Feb 1st 10-4pm Who’s Growing Locally- Local farmers Market
- Feb 2nd 5:30-7pm Silent Auction
- Feb 2nd 7pm-9 SnoFest Banquet Dinner- Tickets on sale now
- Feb 2nd 9pm-2am SnoFest Dance- Featuring live music from Running Red Lights
- Feb 2nd 12-2pm Chili Competition- Hastings County wide chili competition
MUNICIPALITY OF MARMORA AND LAKE RATEPAYERS
Christmas tree pick up in the urban areas of the Municipality of Marmora and Lake has been scheduled for Wednesday, January 29, 2014.
Anyone wishing to dispose of their Christmas tree please deposit at the curb no later than Tuesday, January 28, 2014 for next day pick up.
Tonia Graham, Municipal Clerk